What is WBC?
In 1963, the World Boxing Council was established. The WBC is a professional boxing organization with members from all over the world. It is one of the four major organizations that support professional boxing sessions. Further, the high-profile association of the World Boxing Council has been endorsed by the association, with several notable contenders having been recognized as WBC titleholders, and is currently based in Mexico City.
The first eleven countries to join the World Boxing Council were the United States, Argentina, the United Kingdom, France, Mexico, the Philippines, Panama, Chile, Peru, Venezuela, and Brazil. However, to control the expansion of boxing, form an international body that brings together all of the world’s commissions. Some of the organizations that had previously recognized boxers as champions have since disbanded. With 161 member countries, it is the world’s oldest boxing association.
The WBC’s green championship belt depicts the flags of the organization’s 161 member countries. Regardless of weight class, all WBC world title belts have the same appearance. Within the same category, there are slight design differences for secondary and regionally themed titles. The North American Boxing Federation, for example, is one of the World Boxing Council’s nine regional regulatory organizations. In recent years, unification matches featuring champions from the WBC and other organizations have become more prevalent.
The World Boxing Council will no longer bar its champions from competing for the WBO title. The WBC has intervened in the past to prevent unification bouts between its boxers and champions from other organizations. Furthermore, the World Boxing Council cut the length of its world championship contests from 15 to 12 rounds in 1983. In addition, the unbeaten and undisputed world champion is among those who have been recognized as world champions.
Moreover, on a two-thirds majority vote of its Board of Governors, the WBC may select and acknowledge one or more emeritus world champions in each weight class. Throughout their careers, the following boxers have received the title of “Emeritus Championship”. Firstly, Bernard Hopkins, Lennox Lewis, Vitali Klitschko, Roy Jones Jr., and Vitali Klitschko (Honorary Champion). In the meantime, at the WBC’s 51st Convention in Bangkok, Thailand, Floyd Mayweather Jr. was declared “Supreme Champion.” Jackie Nava, a super bantamweight, became the first WBC World Female Champion on May 30, 2005. Therefore, on June 11, 2005, Laila Ali won the super middleweight belt.
Silver and Diamond Belt
The World Boxing Council developed a “Silver Championship” in 2010 to replace interim titles. Interim and Silver Champions, as well as interim Silver Champions, are still recognized by the WBC. However, silver titles for the female world title, the Youth World title, the USNBC title, the Latino title, and the FECARBOX title will be available in 2020. The WBC introduced Silver versions of its International titles a year later. Moreover, Manny Pacquiao defeated Miguel Cotto in the 12th round to win his seventh world title (in seven different divisions) in November 2009.
However, the first Diamond belt was presented on November 14, 2009, in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA. Mairis Briedis firstly and Román González are two other people who have held this rank (super-flyweight). Claressa Shields (middleweight), Amanda Serrano (super-bantamweight), Ana Mara Torres (bantamweight), Raja Amasheh (super-flyweight), Ava Knight, and Jessica Chavez are among the female Diamond champions (flyweight). Although it is possible to defend this title, it is not required. A fighter’s championship might also be vacated if he or she takes a long break from boxing or retires from the sport.
The WBC Franchise Championship is an honorary title bestowed on dominant champions who have competed for the WBC and are still active members of the sport’s governing organization. Firstly is Canelo Alvarez (middleweight), Vasiliy Lomachenko (lightweight), Teófimo López (lightweights), Juan Francisco Estrada (super flyweights), and George Kambosos Jr. has all been awarded WBC Franchise Champions (light heavyweights).
The World Boxing Council Eternal Championship is a privileged title granted to predominant heroes that have never lost a world title and resigned undefeated while having a strong number of fruitful title safeguards. Jiselle Salandy was granted the Eternal title as she shielded the WBC female super welterweight title multiple times before her passing. Occasionally, on 12 December 2016, Vitali Klitschko was perceived as a “Timeless Champion”, as he had 10 effective WBC heavyweight title protections.
Honorable Player Belts Award
The World Boxing Council also gives commemorative belts to boxers who win historic fights or exhibition matches. Therefore, beneficiaries of the commemorative belts are listed below.
|Belts Award||Boxer||Year Awarded|
|Teotihuacan||Canelo Álvarez||November 6, 2021|
|Crypto||Sujithan Suntharavel||October 16, 2021|
|Freedom||Jermall Charlo||June 19, 2021|
|Mestizo||Canelo Álvarez||May 8, 2021|
|Health Care Hero||Errol Spence Jr.||December 5, 2020|
|Frontline Battle||Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr.||November 28, 2020|
|Otomi||Julio César Chávez||September 25, 2020|
|Mazahua||Heroes of Humanity||May 5, 2020|
|Maya II||Tyson Fury||September 14, 2019|
|Maya I||Canelo Álvarez||May 4, 2019|
The WBC in addition, also gives commemorative belts to boxers who win historic fights or exhibition contests as mementos. Therefore, the recipients of the commemorative belts are as follows:
- WBC Union — presently winner of Tyson Fury vs. Dillian Whyte (April 23, 2022)
- WBC Teotihuacan — Canelo Álvarez (November 6, 2021)
- Crypto — Sujithan Suntharavel (October 16, 2021)
- Freedom — Jermall Charlo (June 19, 2021)
- Mestizo — Canelo Álvarez (May 8, 2021)
- Health Care Hero — Errol Spence Jr. (December 5, 2020)
- Frontline Battle — Mike Tyson and Roy Jones Jr. (November 28, 2020)
- Otomi — Julio César Chávez (September 25, 2020)
- Mazahua — Heroes of Humanity (May 5, 2020)
Men & Women World Boxing Council Title Holders
|Weight Class (Male)||Champion||Started Year||Weight Class (Female)||Champion||Started Year|
|Welterweight||Errol Spence Jr.||September 2019||Light flyweight||Kenia Enriquez (interim)||May 2017|
|Light heavyweight||Artur Beterbiev||October 2019||Strawweight||Tina Rupprecht||September 2018|
|Strawweight||Panya Pradabsri||November 2020||Atomweight||Louisa Hawton (interim)||December 2019|
|Light flyweight||Masamichi Yabuki||September 2021||Super flyweight||Lourdes Juárez||December 2020|
|Flyweight||McWilliams Arroyo (interim)||February 2021||Bantamweight||Yulihan Luna||October 2020|
|Super flyweight||Jesse Rodríguez||February 2022||Bantamweight||Tatyana Zrazhevskaya (interim)||March 2021|
|Bantamweight||Nonito Donaire||May 2021||Super featherweight||Alycia Baumgardner||November 2021|
|Heavyweight||Dillian Whyte (interim)||March 2021||Featherweight||Amanda Serrano||February 2021|
|Bridgerweight||Óscar Rivas||October 2021||Lightweight||Katie Taylor||June 2019|
|Super lightweight||Josh Taylor||May 2021||Super middleweight||Franchon Crews Dezurn||September 2018|
WBC Mauricio Sulaiman Saldivar President
Coupled with, Mauricio Morales was born in Mexico City, Federal District, on December 30, 1969, as the youngest son of Jose Sulaiman Chagnon and Martha Saldivar Morales. In addition, Mauricio is a man who grew up loving music and athletics. And following in the footsteps of his father, who taught him how to help people.
However, Mauricio earned a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the firstly Instituto Tecnologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. Secondly Campus Estado de Mexico. And in addition, awarded two more specialties by the Association of Presidents of America, one in finance. And lastly the other in High Responsibility Management.
Furthermore, Mauricio elects Executive Secretary of the World Boxing Council in 2004. In addition, he collectively chose the President of the World Boxing Council on February 12, 2014. Mauricio firstly, has filled in as the association’s chief. Secondly directed by the qualities laid out in him by his dad over his over 38 years as the WBC’s chief, stressing trustworthiness, responsibility, regard, fortitude, devotion, and companionship.
Starting with the “Stay at Home” campaign, champions are now incorporating everyone in workouts so that they may stay active at home. In the meantime, from Monday to Friday, the WBC held daily talks in English and Spanish to keep the boxing and sports communities firstly informed. Secondly entertained, and most importantly, active. Further, the WBC devised a medical-administrative framework to allow boxing to resume without an audience, allowing events to go place. Therefore, this document was widely distributed over the world and was a huge success.
The World Boxing Council Rules
- Before a fallen opponent, retreat to your corner of the ring.
- After a fall, in addition, you have half a minute to return to the center of the ring and rejoin the fight, or you’ll 3. be classified “man out of action.”
- Therefore, only the boxers and their assistants were allowed to enter the ring.
- To conclude, the restriction of secret financial arrangements between boxers.
- Referees are firstly chosen to settle disputes between boxers.
- The act of striking an opponent while he or she is down.
- Unlike Locks are only allowed to be worn above the waistline.
- The length of title fighting reduces from firstly 15 to 12 rounds.
- A 24-hour official weigh-in was required before the fights.
- The act of forming divisions secondly.
- In addition, the four-rope ring is a ring with four ropes.
- The glove firstly with a thumb attachment.
- Further, after each WBC-sanctioned bout, doping tests are conducted.
- Additionally, donations to UCLA’s research center.
- Firstly champions and categorized boxing subjected to annual medical examinations.
- Secondly, Fighters in title fights are covered by life and hospitalization insurance.
- Coupled with the boxers in need around the world will benefit from retirement plans.
- As a result, the fight against apartheid in South African boxing, for which our president received United Nations recognition.
World Boxing Council Boxing Museum
The World Boxing Championship Legends of Boxing Museum, further located at American Sports University in San Bernardino, California, honors the achievements and accomplishments. In addition, some of the world’s most famous fighters, particularly past World Boxing Council champions. The museum’s mission is to firstly allow boxing aficionados. And the general public lastly to views things and relics that are presented for inspiration and learning. And entertainment to preserve boxing’s legacy.
World Boxing Council Hall of Fame
However, the World Boxing Championship has a long history of champions. Fighters such as Bob Foster, Mike Tyson, Muhammad Ali, Sugar Ray Leonard, Jose Napoles, Nino Benvenuti, Ken Norton, Salvador Sanchez, Ruben Olivares, Lupe Pintor, Marvin Hagler, Joe Frazier, Wilfred Bentez, Wilfredo Gómez, and others have been honored into the WBC Hall of Fame.
What is the difference between WBA and WBC?
Coupled with the universe of boxing is a high-energy climate, and the four associations included, the WBC (World Boxing Council), WBA (World Boxing Association). However, the WBO (World Boxing Organization), and IBF (International Boxing Federation), have all attempted to keep the game of boxing alive as a pro game (International Boxing Federation). In addition, every association has its arrangement of rules. Secondly guidelines, and champions who contend in different weight classes.
Besides, every establishment has its arrangement of issues. And secondly questionable choices. Boxing, then again, stays one of the most famous pro athletics on pay-per-view and TV.
1. Firstly, the World Boxing Association (WBA) and the World Boxing Council (WBC) are both boxing organizations, but their meanings are different. Therefore, “World Boxing Association” is abbreviated as “WBA,” and the “World Boxing Council” is abbreviated as “WBC.”
2. Secondly, among the four worldwide professional boxing organizations, the World Boxing Association was the first. The World Boxing Council, on the other hand, offered various innovations. And in addition, conventional procedures in a boxing match.
3. Lastly, the World Boxing Council bestows the title of Emeritus World Champion on boxers on its roster. In effect, the World Boxing Association only bestows the Super Belt title on a WBA champion on the fifth or sixth defense of their title.